Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wickedly Devine






WOW!! We have had a busy month!! So, from the looks of the pictures (Which are CUTE !!) We have been celebrating Britney(my cousin)& Kevin's marriage. And Michele (my cousin)& Zach's wedding.Michele tied the not on August 1st and Britney tied the not on August 15th. We of course went to the wedding's than the luncheon/reception afterwards. We had a wonderful time!! It is fun when family gets together. We had family come from California for Britney's wedding we had cousins staying at our house. (Not much sleep going on though!! HEHEHE! Need I mention making funnel cake at midnight! yummy !!)
The next week was busy!! the 1st day of school was Wednesday the 19th. Also, more marriage 'stuff''.Brian and I traveled to California to be there for the Open House in Central California. We delicated our kids out to wonderful people so we could go. We left Thursday morning after getting kids of to school and droping Jordan off at my brothers. Friday was the open house. Do you see the pictures of people doing yard work... That was the morning of the Open house. We raked and planted flowers and raked more (dumb leaves!!) Made wild flower arrangement's for table center peaces. There was cleaning inside and Power washing EVERYTHING outside. (Thank you stud muffin!!) The Open House was wonderful!! Towards the end a few of the teenagers decided that jumping in the pool in there formal attire was the thing to do. I don't have a picture of that but..... you've seen it in movies and its funny in real life also. After the party was opening presents (Bride & Groom) and clean-up. And eating the left overs from the yummy caterers. (Seriously I cant resist somethings-- mainly little yummy deserts, ex. cheesecake, lemon bars, pumpkin cake etc...) So, bed time came and I was more than willing to SLEEP!

Next day .... Among other things going on, I'll get to the point of Saturday. WICKED!!!
We left for San Fransisco about 3pm. Good thing to!! Wicked started at 8pm so we thought we would have time to walk around and 'stuff'. Anyway, we were on the freeway and it took us 1 1/2 hours to go 8 miles. So,... who knew there was a Raiders game in Oakland that day..... Not Me! So, good thing we left early because we arrived just in time. Some of the family that came with us didn't have tickets and were going to try for the raffle tickets (left over single seats that didn't sale). But, we missed it. We were able to get a single seat for my sister Ramona though from someone who had an extra ticket.(Thanks for barging the price Brian.) Wicked was amazing to say the least !!! The story line is so creative and the working in of Dorthy and everything was fabulous!! The songs were amazing and it had plenty of comical points,tender points and a wonderful ending! I cant wait to see it again. ( O yes, I will see it again. I don't know when but I will!!!) I love that I have a hubby who enjoys going to such things as plays and he is wonderful. He also drove the whole way there and back again. He also endured listening to a "Chick-flick" on the way home. So, for all his goodness he was able to go to Depech Mode on Tuesday night. So, I ask him Which performance was better ....... he said (with a little laugh) "Wicked dear".. I love him!!!




1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you were able to go see Wicked! It sounds like a fun trip. Congrats to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete